Sunday 9 November 2008

Yeeha!

How long has it been? 23rd June... Oh dear. Sorry.

Had a bit of an Oh My God moment yesterday, when I opened the latest magazine from the MZRC and saw that they'd printed my article about my history with MZs which mentions this blog and the forum too. Hell, I'd better write another entry then, else they'll think I've died or something!

I needed to do some work on the Skorpion today anyway (usual weekend stuff, tyre pressures, chain, and a swift oil change for good measure). She's a lot happier with a tankful of new oil I can tell you, even though she's still burning enough that I reckon I replace it all about every couple of months anyway. Due to lack of preparation I had various ends of oil bottles lying around the garage, so she's got a rather heavier mixture that I had been using (I reckon around 15W-50 or so, there was some H-D v-twin oil lying around), I think she likes a heavier oil, so next time I go to Halfords it'll be something a bit "thicker" I think.

After finishing the Skorpion, which took quite a lot longer that I'd hoped due to the fact that I had to do a bit of fixing on the rear brake caliper, the pads were dropping and wearing the disc in a most odd way, I spent some time pootling around the garage. My garage suffers from chronic leaves. I guess it's something fairly common, but a sweeping of the floor was definitely in order as there were no bikes standing on it for a short while. Then I got out the labelling machine and started labelling up the various shelves and drawers of the toolkits and so on - a most satisfying task in a strange way.

Justin returned from a trip up town and held that poxy 125 frame for me while I FINALLY managed to get those headrace bearings out. Marinading in WD40 for several months seemed to have done the trick after all. So that's that for the 125. It just needs to wait for me to dismantle its stable-mates and start the building-up process again...

I also dismantled a random swing-arm that was lying around. It must've belonged to a bike that I acquired the rear half of when a mate was going to trike the front end (I don't think the trike ever happened - must see if I can get hold of the other half of this one, it was a fairly tidy ETZ300 at one point I think). I've certainly got an extra wheel and swingarm that don't belong to anything else. Managed to get the rear sprocket & carrier away from the chain guard this time without destroying the chain guard - I'm learning!!!

Guess that's all for today, with any luck I'll be spending more time in the garage now as Justin is back at Uni and we'll both want me out of the house more... Either that, or this project will take FOR EVER!!!.....

2 comments:

Spirit of the wood said...

oi oi oi where are the updates and pics !!

i nearly got an mz in my wayward yoof... but ended up with a 1976 ish gs1000.. i remember i couldn't reach the ground... lol

:D

Naana-Bird said...

Hey there! Sorry there have been no updates, but the simple truth is that I've been too busy with other stuff to even go into the garage recently... OK, and a bit lazy.

Thanks for checking out the blog though, I'll try to get some more stuff up soon, but it might not be until after Easter. I've just got the Buell MoT'd this morning.

Please check in again after Easter... :-)